Tuesday 1 January 2013

Glossy Box


GLOSSY BOX; December 2012

Hi!! I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the new year I thought I'd show you guys my first ever Glossy Box and hopefully if any of you are thinking to maybe purchase the box to give you an insight on my thoughts of Decembers 2012 edition.

** Just in case for those of you who may not have heard about Glossy Box or know what it is, Glossy box is an on-line monthly subscription full of 5 latest, high-end beauty samples. ** 

> Check it out HERE 

Glossy Box blusher: The blush comes in the colour 'Glossy Rosewood' and it has a velvet finish with a touch of a lovely scent. As you may be able to see from the image that the blusher is pink and I thought that the colour would look too vibrant on my skin. However, it gave just the right amount of colour to the cheeks as I applied it using my Real Techniques Blush brush.

Sleek True Colour Lipstick: The colour was in 'Candy Cane 773' with a sheen finish. Even though it was a very vibrant pink (colours I do not wear) the wear on it is great as I had tried it on at home and it had lasted the whole day. I was very tempted in purchasing this lipstick in another colour seeing as it is an inexpensive drug store brand, however their variation of colours is limited and none that I would personally go for.

Seche Nail Varnish: I painted one nail and I fell in love with Seche nail lacquer straight away for many reasons such as; it is fast drying (even with the application of two coats) and the finish of the product feels and looks like a  finishing top coat has been applied. I will definitely be purchasing nail varnishes from Seche, especially being the awarded winner of top coat! The product came in the colour 'Portobello'. When I first saw the product I wasn't too excited as I don't own many brown colours however when I tried it on I had simply fallen in love with the colour too. 


Rituals Magic Touch: The smell of this product is absolutely divine and I believe you cant go wrong with a cherry blossom scent but the addition of the rice milk just gives it that balance of a lovely smell on the skin. Although it says it is an 'ultra rich, whipped body cream' it does not leave the skin feeling sticky neither does it feel thick on the skin. I have not fully tested the product but from a slight test it is a nice cream overall. 


Seba Med Anti-dry night intensive cream: I have not used this product yet for the one reason that I use other medication on the sides of my face for mild acne so hopefully once the medication is finished I can try out the Seba Med.

Lemon by Mary Greenwell Eau de Parfum: When I tested this product I didn't think it smelt so much of lemon but more of a strong musky fragrance, although don't get me wrong it does smell nice but its just not what I would personally go for or wear. I read that the Plum scent by Mary Greenwell was in the September edition which would have been nice to know what that smelt like :)  



Happy New Year !!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment