Sunday 27 January 2013

What's in my Aunty's Make-up bag?



So this week my aunty and cousin had come down from Manchester to visit me and as you guys know from a previous post she is the prominent family member that also loves her make-up and it’s great because I get to test them before buying them. So my aunty has gone from many brands such as M.A.C, Bare Minerals, No 7, Body Care and a few others because as quoted by her "you should change your foundation and some other make up items every now and then because its good and refreshing for the skin", not that I do this when I've found a Holy Grail product, but mainly with foundation!

I had a sneak peak through her bag as she showed me some items that she was excited about sharing with me... so here are two products that I wanted to test out and share with you...


1. Rimmel London Waterproof Gel Liner Black
Can be found at: Superdrug

Overall - I was so excited to test this product because I'm a huge fan of gel liners. I must say I do like the packaging and the way it is equipped conveniently with a small size brush in the lid and a perfect carry size. Applying this isn't the best application with the brush being ever so small and it felt as though even after applying more product to the brush the gel was just very thin and it wasn't thick enough to give it that dark black look or in my case the matte look which I like and look for in gel liners. I understand its gel but my M.A.C Fluid line in Black Track and my L'oreal Paris Super Liner Gel Intenza in Pure Black. I can say it did actually smudge after a few hours but I cant deny that the M.A.C and the L'oreal one haven't they just have better pigmentation and a shocking effect. 
L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Gel swatch




2. M.A.C Cosmetics mineralize blush in Love Joy 

Found at: M.A.C

Overall - The pigmentation was beautiful, the colour that came out on my cheeks was amazing as I've never actually tried or bought a M.A.C blusher and the hint of an illuminating shimmer on the cheek bones is just the right amount of glow. The blusher is build-able as I noticed when applying more so it was easy to over do it so it is important to take a little bit of the product on your brush first and then slowly build on that and by using my Real Techniques blush brush was a great lightweight brush that makes the blush sit even better on the skin. I don't think this particularly colour is valuable for daily use as I did test these products out during the evening because me an the family were heading out to eat :) However I am dying to try out the other colours in store and I've got my eye on Gentle and Gleeful. 




Winner of my Aunt's Make up bag >>

 ** M.A.C Cosmetics mineralize blush in Love Joy **


XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment