Thursday 13 February 2014

Review | January Glossybox 2014 - Back to Basics




Now that I have tested out all the products in last months Glossybox, I can honestly still say that I was not satisfied with the items. I was extremely excited to get this box seeing as I was so over the moon about the Christmas edition box but when I opened it the only thing I liked was the new baby pink colour but my box was a little bit dented on one of the edges so that was annoying. And then to then open it and see the smallest of items that just rolled around the not-so-full box was depressing. So anyway after such a long time of it sitting around in my room I decided to try out the products.

The Vintage Cosmetic Company Floral Slanted Tweezers - full size (RRP £8.00)
I love the cute, flowery design on these tweezers because they look quite pretty and girly compared to the cheap looking metal ones out there. As for quality they have a thicker piece of metal at the bottom unlike the ones I am using at the moment which I love because its easier and quicker to pluck out unwanted hair. Rating: 5/5

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash - 50ml (RRP £10.25 for 250ml)
The packaging of this bottle didn't entice me at all and opening it and smelling the body wash wasn't appealing compared to what I've read about it having a 'lovely scent'. I wouldn't go and buy a full size product to say the least. Rating: 1/5

Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream - 2x 3g sample size (RRP £13.50 for 33g)
I wouldn't recommend this cream for a couple reasons. One of them being that it has a horrible smell to it, even though it states that the smell should disappear after a short while which it does, but even then I don't like the idea of having to rub it onto my face or on my lips, which are the two areas the cream is primarily for. The texture of the cream has a thick,sticky and greasy feeling to it that doesn't absorb into the skin quickly meaning I have to wait for it to sink into my skin before applying my make-up.  Rating: 2/5


Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Wake Up Under Eye Patches -x2 (RRP £6.00 for a pack of 3) 
I didn't enjoy wearing the eye patches for 30 minutes as I found it to be quite a nuisance when blinking as I sat and watched TV but, I honestly loved the end results! The area underneath my eyes had felt ever so refreshed (I loved that feeling). I would happily pay the full price and I would get over the fact that my bug my eyes when blinking. It was also refreshing to try something new that I have not heard of before. Rating: 4.5/5

Vaseline Essential Moisture Lotion - 50ml (RRP £4.99 for 400ml)
To receive a Vaseline product in a Glossybox was very disappointing, more so that it was a travel size bottle and a very basic cream. I don't disapprove of the brand but its just that receiving an item that is more out the ordinary would've been a better treat. So for me this was a basic cream that I probably won't even use as I have others that I would rather pack for travelling purposes. Rating: 2/5




What were your thoughts on January's Glossybox, did you receive different items? 





Priya 

1 comment:

  1. it's always interesting to see what people get in their glossybox! would love to try out those eye patches!

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete